



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Kidnappers seem to have adopted a new measure to ensure they stay alive while carrying out their nefarious activities as they now demand for foodstuffs as condition to release their victims.
The families of the Chief Imam of Ode-Omi, whose son Abdulazeez Sanni and two others – Adams Bamidele and Jelili Adams – were abducted last Sunday and rescued by the police on Friday have disclosed facts that led to the release of their sons.
The kidnap victims were reportedly kidnapped on the eve of the Eid-el Adha in Ode-Omi, a boundary community between Lagos and Ogun states.
Although, the state Commissioner of Police, Bashir Makama, had earlier said no ransom was paid but a family source has however said otherwise.
“The kidnappers collected N3.5m, carton of schnapps, 30 litres of palm oil, 10 tubers of yam and a five-litre keg of vegetable oil”, the source said.
Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi has said the police command was not aware of the payment of any ransom.
“The victims were rescued by policemen of this command. We are not aware of any ransom,” Oyeyemi said. (NAN)

























