



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.







Alarmed by the report by the Federal Bureau of Investigation indicting 77 Nigerians over Business Email Compromise and wire fraud, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission said last night that it had placed all its officers and men nationwide to track the suspects.
This is as the agency awaits further details of the list released at the weekend by the American security agency, even as its operatives and FBI had been working on some joint projects to tract wire fraud.
The Head of Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, quoted the chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu, as vowing that no stone would be left unturned in tracking and picking the suspects to face the full weight of the law to save the image of Nigeria.
Uwujaren, told our correspondent that both FBI and EFCC were working as partners and that its operatives were already on their toes to get the suspects to face the full weight of the law. Only on Friday while reviewing the matter, Magu had said: “We must ensure that all Nigerians who connive with elements anywhere in the world to defraud people are fished out and adequately punished.
“For that reason, we are on the watch out for the culprits and we shall leave no stone unturned until they are apprehended and dealt with in accordance with the laws of this country.
Magu, also confirmed that although EFCC and FBI had been working on two joint tracking projects codenamed ‘Operation Wire-Wire and Operation Re-wire in 2018 and 2019, the American agency was yet to contact it on the new suspects.
Asked by Vanguard if he was aware whether FBI had contacted the Nigerian Government on its findings, Magu said he was not aware if the American agency had forwarded its report to the Federal Government. (Vanguard)



















