



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.





















PDP Presidential Candidate Atiku Abubakar
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says there is no cause for alarm over the Supreme Court’s ruling dismissing his claims to inspect the INEC server.
Atiku, who addressed a news conference through his lead counsel, Eyitayo Jegede SAN, after Tuesday’s proceedings, said that the decision was anticipated and that proactive action had been taken during the hearing of the petition.
“There is no cause for alarm in the decision of the apex court as it relates to our petition at the tribunal.
“The issue of the server was aimed at establishing that the election was rigged during the collation of results and this was thoroughly addressed through witnesses and documents tendered and admitted during the presentation of the petition.”
He expressed optimism that the tribunal would do justice at the end of the day.
Atiku had approached the Supreme Court praying for an order to set aside the decision of the tribunal which refused to compel INEC to allow him access to the central server allegedly used in the conduct of the presidential poll. (NAN)





