



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has tasked personnel on need to carry out their duties with human face and courtesy this Eid-el-Kabir season.
The FRSC Sector Commander in Enugu State, Mr Ogbonna Kalu, gave the charge while officially flagging off the Eid-el-Kabir Special Operation in the state.
Kalu said that the special operation would last for eight days, starting on Friday. August 9, to Friday, August 16; adding that staff had been adequately deployed to various duty posts in major road Corridors in the state.
He said that officers and men of the Command must focus on advocacy, enlightenment and education while in their various duty posts within major road corridors in the state.
His words: “The Command will not condone any form of human right abuse or fighting with any motorist on your duty post; if you have any challenge call the Command for adviser or re-enforcement.
“For any motorist you stop to enforce your operational mandate; please ensure that the motorist understands why you stopped him or her; and further explain to him or her the implication of any violation to his or her safety and that of other co-occupants.”
Kalu noted that enforcement or booking should be the last option in order to ensure effective deterrent of the traffic violator.
He disclosed that the Command would be setting up three traffic mobile courts in major road corridors in the state, which include Enugu-Port Harcourt, Ninth Mile-Udi-Oji River and Obollo Afor-Nsukka-Enugu roads.
According to him, the operation will focus on failure to use/install speed limiters, overloading, driver’s license violation as well as lane indiscipline and dangerous driving.
“Other focus of the operation includes; operating mechanically deficient vehicle, driving with expired, worn out or not having spare tyre and any other life threating violation on the road,” the sector commander said.
He said that the objectives of the operation were to increase FRSC visibility, public enlightenment on good road use and habit among motorists, to curtail re-occurrence of road crashes and provide prompt rescue services where necessary.
“We will ensure quality traffic observatory and collect vital road information and statistics,” he added.
The Commander had earlier deployed 798 marshals, which comprises of 679 Regular and 119 Special Marshals to major road corridors in the state on Wednesday for the special operation.
It also deployed 18 vehicles, which included 14 patrol vehicles and additional one vehicle expected from the headquarters; two trucks, one ambulance and one motorbike.

























