



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

A middle-aged man, Mr Chinasa Ogbaga has allegedly killed two of
his Children and left one fatally injured in Okpuitumo community in the
Abakaliki local government area of Ebonyi.
Mrs Loveth Odah, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO)
confirmed the incident in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
correspondent on Monday in Abakaliki.
According to her, the suspect went to the estranged wife’s home
where he took the children on the pretense of taking them home to cater to them
for the Christmas celebration.
She said the suspect instead diverted and veered off into a nearby
bush where he allegedly slaughtered the children with a cutlass.
Odah said that the suspect had been arrested while investigations
were currently ongoing to unravel the cause of the incident.
She said that the suspect would be arraigned as soon as police
investigations were concluded adding that the victims were male and female
children aged six years and four years respectively while the injured victim is
two years old.
“The Divisional Police Officer (DPO), Ekumenyi Divisional Police
headquarters reported a case of multiple homicides at Okpuitumo community in
Abakaliki local government area.
“The suspect, a vulcanizer who is already in Police custody
allegedly killed his two children and inflicted heavy multiple injuries on one
on Dec. 16 at Egwuagu, Okpuitumo in Abakaliki LGA.
“The suspect is arrested and currently been detained at the state
police headquarters.
“No individual has a right to take another’s life and as a law
enforcement agency committed to securing lives and property, police will ensure
that justice is served by bringing the suspect to the book”, Odah said.
On security during the Christmas celebration, she said that there
was no reported case of security breaches in any part of the state during the
Yuletide.
She assured the public that police would not relent in ensuring
tight security during the New Year celebration and appealed to residents to
report any suspected criminal breaches in their areas. (NAN)

















.webp&w=256&q=75)







