



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

A 400 level student of Mountain Top University, Faith Aluko has
again been declared missing at another church, Mountain of Fire Miracle Church
in Akure, the Ondo state capital.
This is coming as the police in the state arraigned 13 persons
alleged to have set ablaze Sotitobire Miracle Centre where the one-year-old boy
went missing over a month ago.
Police image-maker in a statement in Akure said “13 Suspects among
others still at large, who participated in the wanton destruction of lives and
properties including the burning of Sotitobire Church and the Killing of
one of our officers recently, were arraigned this morning.
” The court consequently remanded them at the correctional centre
Olokuta while the case was adjourned till 3rd January 2020.
“We will ensure that other accomplices at large are arrested and
also made to bear the full weight of the law
Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered that the missing 20-year
undergraduate went to the Oba ile branch of the church only to disappear hours
later. Sources said that she left their residence with the father for the
church and on getting to the church excused herself to buy some things close to
the church.
The church security at the gate said Faith told him she wanted to
buy a sanitary pad in a retail Shop beside the church when she left the church
premises. He told the patents that Faith did not return until her parents
raised alarm.
Faith’s father, Mr. Aluko who confirmed that her daughter had been
missing since Sunday said that the incident had since been reported at the
Oba-Ile police station. Aluko said they both left home for church along Airport
road until she went missing.
Police image maker Femi Joseph has reassured the People of the
State of adequate security during this yuletide and beyond.
“We also want to State that the kidnap incident that happened a
few days ago along Owo/Ikare road after a long period of peace and normalcy in
that axis of the State, is being tackled head-on by our officers who have been
Charged to not only rescue the victims unhurt but also arrest the perpetrators
of this wicked act.
“People coming home for Christmas and New year celebrations should
not entertain any anxiety as we have increased our Manpower deployment across
the State and have also directed our intelligence department to up the ante in
order to ensure blissful Christmas and New Year celebrations.
“We also promise to continue to work towards ridding the State of
all vestiges of Crimes and criminality.
“We shall also ensure that criminals are not only arrested but are
also brought to Justice.
“We urge all law-abiding citizens to go about celebrating
peacefully and also be security conscious.
Joseph said “We also enjoin you to always alert the police should
there be any suspicion of security threat in any part of the State. (Text,
excluding headline, courtesy of Vanguard)














.webp&w=256&q=75)










