



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Over 100 dangerous weapons have so far been surrendered by bandits and the outlawed vigilance group ‘Yan Sakai’ in the disarmament phase of the ongoing dialogue and peace initiative with the Zamfara State Government.
This was disclosed by the Zamfara State Police Commissioner, Barrister Usman Nagogo, while briefing newsmen at the command’s headquarters in Gusau on Friday.
The Police Commissioner said some of the weapons surrendered included 32 AK 47 rifles, General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) rifle, 2 Light Machine gun (LMG) rifles, 3 FN rifles, LAR rifle, pistol and ten rounds of live ammunitions.
“The number of the guns surrendered is also just the beginning of what to expect as the disarmament process progress.
“Thus far, the total number of the weapons surrendered stands at 100,” he said. (The Sun)






![Wizkid, Asake, Tems, Burna Boy nominated for 2026 BET Awards [FULL LIST]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.newsexpressngr.com%2Fimages%2F2026%2F05%2F1779250437.jpg&w=256&q=75)


















