



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.







The House of Representatives has accused the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, of ignoring summons by the lawmakers to address them on the spate of xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.
The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, in his remarks after a long debate on the attacks at the plenary on Tuesday, according to The PUNCH report, said he had been told that the ministry failed to answer several invitations by the Chairman, House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Buba Yusuf.
“It is unfortunate that in all those occasions, the minister has not responded to the Chairman’s invitations,” he said.
While the Speaker alleged that Onyeama also refused to answer when the leadership of the House stepped into the matter, he warned ministers against shunning invitations by the parliament.
Gbajabiamila, who threatened that the lawmakers would invoke relevant sections of the Constitution against erring Federal Government officials, he said he would report Onyeama to President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Speaker also announced that Chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyema, had been invited to appear before the lawmakers on Wednesday to appreciate him for offering free services to evacuate stranded Nigerians in South Africa.
While disclosing that the Air Peace boss was to appear in plenary on Tuesday, the Speaker said Onyema was on the same day airlifting another batch of Nigerians from the country.



















