



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu has said the collaboration between the commission and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) led to the recovery of $314,000 and N373m.
Speaking during a media briefing in Lagos on Tuesday, Magu said the commission has also arrested 28 suspects in the process.
14 of the suspects have been charged and convicted while nine are still undergoing trial. The other five are still under investigations.
Magu, who spoke through Mohammed Rabo, Zonal Head, EFCC, Lagos, said while the sum of $314,000 had been recovered, the sum of N373m had been traced to various commercial banks by operatives attached to the Lagos zonal office of the commission. The monies equal N486m in all.
Recall that the FBI last week released a list of 80 persons most of whom are Nigerians for alleged online fraud.
The release also generated mixed reactions from Nigerians on social media. (Nigerian Tribune)

























