



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Police candidates in the examination hall
The Police Service Commission says that 80,724 candidates have been shortlisted nationwide for aptitude test for recruitment into the Constable cadre of Police.
A statement by Mr Ikechukwu Ani, the Head, Press and Public Relations in the commission in Abuja on Tuesday said the aptitude test had been slated for Aug. 3.
Ani said the test would hold in the 36 states and Federal Capital Territory.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari had mandated the commission to recruit 10,000 Nigerians into the Nigeria Police Force.
The commission had earlier, shortlisted 210,150 applicants from 315,032 applications received at the close of its recruitment portal on Jan. 11.
Ani said that the commission was currently sending SMS to the telephone numbers of the shortlisted candidates, inviting them for the aptitude test scheduled to start by 8 a.m.
He urged candidates to check the comprehensive list from the commission’s website, www.psc.org.ng or visit the Police Command Headquarters in their respective states and FCT, where the list would be pasted.
Ani warned the candidates against any form of examination malpractice as culprits would be apprehended and punished accordingly. (NAN)

























