ADUpdating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.


























Loading banners
Loading banners...


Niger State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Wasiu Abiodun
By ABUBAKAR AKOTE YABAGI
The Police Command in Niger State has confirmed the abduction of worshipers at a Mosque in Dekara District in Borgu Local Government Area of the state.
The Command’s Spokesperson, SP Wasiu Abiodun, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday that the incident happened at about 2 p.m. on Friday, August 21, when the victims were observing Jumaat prayer.
He said the exact number of those kidnapped was yet to be ascertained.
According to him, the terrorists first attacked Gidan-Zana and Kpenya villages before moving to the Mosque, where unspecified number of worshipers were kidnapped.
He said no life was lost, adding that joint security operatives had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.
Abiodun explained that “on 21/8/2026 at about 4 p.m., report received indicated that on same date at about 2 p.m., suspected terrorists invaded Gidan-Zana, Kpenya village via Dekara District Borgu, and Kpenya Mosque and abducted unspecified number of persons during prayers, while others escaped into the nearby forest.
“However, the developing report indicated that no life was lost, while joint security detachment had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.
“Further development will be made public”, he said. (Text, excluding headline: NAN)