



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

File photo of a kidnapped victim
Suspected kidnappers who abducted a man, Adeleke Ridwan Olayemi, from his home at Alapinnu Community, Ogunmakin Road, close to Aba Nla, at Oluyole Local Government Area last Saturday, have reportedly increased the ransom initially demanded to N20 million, with a warning to his family members that he would be slaughtered if they delay the payment.
The victim, who was made to speak with his family, was said to have been pleading, saying that friends and family members should help him look for money, as his captors had threatened to slaughter him if there was no timely response.
Nigerian Tribune gathered that the kidnappers initially demanded N15 million but changed tune when they asked the victim’s family to get someone who could speak Hausa.
After engaging in conversation with the abductors, the invited Hausa man told the family that they were demanding N20 million.
One of the captors, a Fulani who could speak in pidgin, was said to have told the family member he was speaking with that he had just killed two other victims, and this could be confirmed by his brother.
The family member, while speaking with the victim, made him know that they had been trying to raise money and had been able to gather N2 million.
However, since Tuesday morning, the family has yet to receive a call from the kidnappers. (Nigerian Tribune)

























