

























Loading banners


NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

The tiktoker identified as Mirabel
The Lagos State government, through the Lagos Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA), has reacted to a viral video in which a TikTok user, simply identified as Mirabel, alleged that she was sexually assaulted in her apartment by an unknown individual.
The state government, In a statement on Tuesday, said efforts are underway to locate her and provide support.
According to the statement shared on its official social media accounts, the agency said it is working to contact the survivor following widespread public concern over the video.
DSVA said it had “taken note of the multiple tags and public concerns regarding a video currently circulating on social media,” in which a young woman shared her alleged experience of sexual assault.
The agency added that It is “actively making efforts to reach the survivor to offer immediate support and appropriate intervention, and ascertain her location.”
It also urged anyone with useful information to contact the agency through its official social media channels, assuring that reports would be handled confidentially.
“Sexual assault is a crime, and every survivor deserves protection, care, support and justice. Reports are treated with utmost confidentiality and urgency.”
The agency provided contact options for reporting or seeking help, including phone numbers, a USSD code, WhatsApp, and its official reporting website.
Meanwhile, the survivor, identified as Mirabel (@mirab351 on TikTok), said the incident happened on Sunday, February 15. In her account posted on Monday, she said she had been unable to sleep, drank alcohol around 6 a.m., and later heard a knock on her door at about 9 a.m.
“I thought it was my neighbour, immediately I opened the door, I got pushed back, I hit my head on the fridge and passed out,” she said.
She said that by the time she regained consciousness, a man was on top of her.
“There is a man over me, there is cloth stuffed in my mouth, I was just there mumbling, it is Sunday, most people had gone to church. Later, he left. I was bleeding. He used a face blade to cut me.”
Mirabel said she initially thought the bleeding was menstrual, but later received a message request from a man who allegedly confessed to the attack.
“I’m sure you don’t know me because you decided to close ur eyes even after waking up, we have met twice, and you kept ignoring me, I had to pay boys to stop the empty bike. You complimented the way I speak, and you said I smell nice, but you still refuse to give me ur number.”
According to Mirabel’s account, the suspected attacker further described the assault and issued threats.
“My father has the money to bury the case right before it gets to court, You can’t find me, and you don’t even have the money. You gats dey knack often make man dey pound you cause why you go get baby punani, in the nearest future, maybe 4 to 5 years we would meet again and we would date. I love you, don’t see me as a bad person, okay, you turned me down twice,” Mirabel quoted the attacker in her account. (Nigerian Tribune)