



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

FCT Minister Wike
Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, has directed that the national secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja and 4,793 other properties revoked by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) in March 2025 be sealed on Monday.
This was made known during a press briefing on Friday, by the FCT Minister?s Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media, Lere Olayinka, Director of Land Administration, Chijioke Nwankwoeze and Director Department of Development Control, Mukhtar Galadima.
Lere said; ?ownership of the revoked 4,794 properties in the Central Area, Garki I and II, Wuse I and II, Asokoro, Maitama and Guzape districts, had already reverted to the FCTA, and as from Monday, next week, the government will begin to exercise its rights of ownership on the affected landed properties.
?As usual, this will be done without consideration as to ownership of the affected landed properties. It will be purely in line with extant laws and regulations guiding the process.?
He explained that affected properties will be sealed up and access to them restricted as from Monday. He said the FCTA will decide what to do with the affected properties in due course.
Also, Director of Development Control, Mr Mukhtar Galadima, explained that the affected properties would be sealed and access restricted beginning from Monday.
Galadima added that the FCTA would decide what to do with the affected properties after taking possession in due course.
On his part, the Director of Land, FCTA, Mr Chijioke Nwankwoeze, explained that the FCTA was compiling records of compliance to the 21-day grace given to those who defaulted for 10 years and below.
Nwankwoeze said that the FCTA would act accordingly, as soon as the records were fully compiled and analysed.
Responding to claims that some affected persons have taken the matter to court, the director said that there was no court decision on the revocation.
?As such, the FCTA is not restricted in the discharge of its lawful functions on the affected properties,? he said. (Pieced together from reports by The Guardian and NAN)

























