



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

The Police Command in Enugu State has commenced an investigation into alleged misconduct by four policemen which was shown in a video clip in Enugu metropolis.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said this in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Sunday.
Amaraizu said that the suspected unprofessional misconduct took place around the Kenyatta Uwani axis on Jan. 4.
“The command wishes to inform members of the public that its attention has been drawn to a video in clip in relation to the unprofessional conduct of some police personnel in the assault of one Justice Obasi.
“The command further wishes to inform members of the public that the command view such act by its personnel as reflected in the said video as unprofessional; while it frowns at such act.
“To this end, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ahmed Abdurrahman, has directed for a full-scale investigation into the unfortunate incident with a view to bringing the perpetrators to book,’’ he said.
The police spokesman, however, noted that the erring police personnel had been identified and arrested already. (Agency report)


