



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Suspected armed robbers shot dead a bureau de change operator, Alhaji Hamis Naira, and escaped with an undisclosedamount of money.
A witness, Yahuza Ibrahim, said the incident happened last Thursday around 8:37 am at Mangazhi near Sheraton Hotel, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
“The suspected robbers drove to the area inside an unmarked vehicle and one of the gang members who pretended to be a customer approached the deceased and informed him that he brought some dollars to change.
“They actually parked some distance away from the man and approached him that he has some dollars in his car to change,” he said.
According to him, the deceased immediately followed the robber to the car where one of the robbers seated inside the car opened fire on him as the driver zoomed off after snatching a sack containing dollars and naira.
He added “the driver was inside the car with the ignition on, so one of the gang members went straight to meet him and they both came to where the vehicle was parked, they shot him and sped off with his bag of money,” he said.
He said the remains of the bureau de change operator had been buried according to Islamic rites atGudu cemetery, Abuja.
When contacted, the FCT police commissioner, Bala Ciroma, confirmed the incident via telephone interview with our reporter yesterday.
“The deceased actually went to his customer inside his car, and the customer brought out a gun and shot him dead before they escaped with the money. Investigation into the matter has commenced,” he said. (Daily Trust)

























