



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Two catholic priests in Ondo State, Rev. Fr. Joseph Nweke and Rev. Fr. Felix Efobi, have reportedly been abducted by gunmen.
A source disclosed that source the two catholic priests were coming from Awka Diocese for a wedding ceremony in Akure before they were kidnapped around Ajagbale, Elegbeka axis on Friday.
“The two catholic priests, who were coming from Awka Diocese for a wedding ceremony in Akure, were kidnapped around Ajagbale, Elegbeka axis yesterday (Friday).
“Some members of the bridal train were coming in a convoy with the reverend fathers, but only the cars carrying the priests were stopped by the suspected kidnappers and they dragged them out of the cars and took them to an unknown location.
“They didn’t even disturb others; their phones were not even collected; they just kidnapped the priests and left others.”
The Director of Media and Communications of the Ondo Catholic Diocese, Rev. Father Leo Aregbesaola, who confirmed the incident, said the church had been searching for the victims. “Rev. Father Amadi posted the incident on our page and he said efforts were ongoing to look for them,” he stated. (Vanguard)

























