



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Sokoto State governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal
The Sokoto State Government has commenced the disbursement of N20,000 as incentive to indigents and small business owners in the state.
The state governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, who flagged off the disbursement at Balle in Gudu local government area of the state on Monday, said the sum of N4billion would be disbursed in the next four years under the programme which was tagged “Micro Business Incentive Fund.”
According to Tambuwal, 1,000 people were selected from each of the 23 local government areas in the state for the support.
“And each of the beneficiary will be given N20,000. It is aimed at assisting the needy and small business owners in the state,” he said.
He explained further that the distribution would not be discriminatory as both males and females would benefit from the programme in equal measure. The governor urged the beneficiaries to use the money judiciously.
In his address, the Deputy Governor, Alhaji Manir Muhammad Dan Iya, said the beneficiaries were selected devoid of any political inclination. He also urged the beneficiaries to use the money for the purposes of which they were meant for.
Dan Iya said strict measures had been taken to ensure nobody was short-changed. He warned that the government would not hesitate to take disciplinary action against any wrong doing in the process. (Daily Trust)

























