



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

The combined troops of Sector 3 Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Sector 2 Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) of Chadian forces have killed 13 terrorists on Thursday at Duguri Island in the extreme Northern Borno.
The Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator, Col. Aminu Iliyasu, disclosed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
Iliyasu said that the terrorist of Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) mounted four Gun Trucks with the intention of overrunning the troops harbour position from the rear.
He added that the troops also captured three Gun Trucks, three Anti Aircraft Guns, 12 AK 47 Rifles, three Bandoliers of Anti Aircraft Guns and 270 Rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition among other critical assets.
According to him, four members of troops were wounded during the encounter and two of the wounded soldiers have already stabilized in a nearby military medical facility while the other two are awaiting air evacuation for further medical management.
“The resilient troops, supported by the Air Task Force OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE, while marching against extreme odds posed by marshy flooded terrain to clear NJARWA and DUGURU villages made contact with the criminals who were hibernating in the area.
“The troops, having successfully cleared both villages, took up a harbour position at which remnants of the criminal ISWAP terrorists decided to cowardly attack them from their rear.
“The dogged troops immediately responded with superior firepower, outmaneuvered the criminal insurgents and handed them a well deserved defeat in the process,” he said.
Iliyasu said that the Theatre Commander of OPLD, Maj.-Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, had commended the troops on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, for their gallantry and professionalism.
“He also extended his appreciation to the Force Commander, Multi National Joint Task Force for the wonderful collaboration and support demonstrated by his troops so far.
“He further urged the troops to keep the pressure on the criminal Boko Haram elements until they are totally wiped out,” Iliyasu added. (NAN)

























