

















.webp&w=256&q=75)


.webp&w=256&q=75)




Loading banners


NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi on Saturday dismissed US claims that 32,000 civilians were killed during protests in Iran, saying Tehran has already released official figures and calling for evidence to substantiate higher estimates.
"You know, the people of Iran are a lot different than the leaders of Iran, and it's very, very, very sad situation," US President Donald Trump said Friday, adding that 32,000 people were killed there over a "relatively short period of time."
In remarks through US social media company X, Araghchi said Tehran had already fulfilled its “pledge of full transparency” by publishing an official list documenting 3,117 victims of what he described as “recent terrorist operations,” including around 200 security personnel.
He added that “if anyone disputes accuracy of our data, please share any evidence.”
Earlier Friday, Trump said he was "considering" a limited military strike to pressure Iran into a deal, without providing further details.
The latest wave of arrests comes weeks after protests in Iran that began peacefully over economic grievances but later turned violent, resulting in more than 3,000 deaths, according to official figures.
Iranian authorities accused the US and Israel of backing what they described as “rioting” and “terrorism.”
Iran and the US resumed nuclear negotiations earlier this month in the Omani capital Muscat, followed by another round of talks in Geneva on Tuesday under Oman's mediation.
The renewed diplomacy comes amid heightened regional tensions, fueled by a significant US military buildup in the Persian Gulf, as well as Iranian military drills.
Trump, speaking at the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington, DC, on Thursday, warned that the US would opt for military action against Iran “within 10 to 15 days” if negotiations fail. (AA)