ADVERTISEMENT

Kaduna govt dismisses kidnap ranking report as false, irresponsible

News Express |29th Aug 2025 | 177
Kaduna govt dismisses kidnap ranking report as false, irresponsible

Gov Uba Sani of Kaduna State




By HUSSAINA YAKUBU

The Kaduna State Government has dismissed a recent report ranking the state among those with the highest cases of kidnapping in Nigeria, describing it as “false, mischievous, and irresponsible.”

The state government’s reaction was contained in a statement issued on Thursday by the Ministry of Information and signed by Commissioner-designate, Mallam Ahmed Maiyaki.

He faulted the report by SB Morgen which alleged that 629 persons were abducted in Kaduna between July 2024 and June 2025.

“The attention of the Kaduna State Government has been drawn to recent reports and commentaries regarding the security situation in the state.

“The publication by SB Morgen is a figment of false imagination, clearly orchestrated to discredit the Kaduna Peace Model,” Maiyaki said.

He added that the Kaduna Peace Model, introduced by Governor Uba Sani, had been widely commended by security agencies and development partners for restoring peace to security flashpoints across the state.

“It is on record that the Kaduna Peace Model has led to the recovery of over 500,000 hectares of previously deserted farmlands.

“Farmers have returned to their farms, and livestock markets in Birnin Gwari and Giwa, closed for more than a decade, have reopened,” Maiyaki added.

The government urged the public to disregard the report, insisting it does not reflect the present security reality in the state.

It warned against sensational reporting, saying such narratives could dampen the morale of security personnel working tirelessly to protect lives and property.

Maiyaki quoted the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Dr. Suleiman Shuaibu (SAN), as saying that in April alone, 34 security operations resulted in the arrest of 54 high-profile suspects and the rescue of over 75 kidnap victims.

He said several criminal hideouts had been dismantled, with ongoing prosecutions to ensure justice is served.

Shuaibu also highlighted the government’s non-kinetic approach, including the establishment of the Kaduna Peace Dialogue Group, which facilitates negotiation and reintegration of repentant bandits.

He stated that the reopening of livestock markets in Birnin Gwari and Giwa and improved agricultural productivity are clear indicators of the model’s success.

“The safety and well-being of our citizens remain our top priority.

“We urge the public to disregard the misleading kidnapping ranking and remain focused on supporting the efforts toward sustainable peace and security in Kaduna,” Maiyaki concluded. (NAN)




Comments

Post Comment

End of an era: Billions of packages of ‘cheap’ goods shipped to the US are now subject to steep tariffs

End of an era: Billions of packages of ‘cheap’ goods shipped to the US are now subject to steep tariffs

‘TikTok for Artistes’ launches in Nigeria to support artiste growth and fan engagement

‘TikTok for Artistes’ launches in Nigeria to support artiste growth and fan engagement

Rivers: Bode George warns against extension of emergency rule beyond Sept 18

Rivers: Bode George warns against extension of emergency rule beyond Sept 18

NCAA launches Service Charter, commits to transparency, accountability

NCAA launches Service Charter, commits to transparency, accountability

Ex-VP hands over Yola property, former Adamawa PDP office to ADC

Ex-VP hands over Yola property, former Adamawa PDP office to ADC

Gulfstream Delivers First Longest Range Business Jet in the World

Gulfstream Delivers First Longest Range Business Jet in the World

Excess crude account shrinks to $535,823 as NEC orders accelerated reforms

Excess crude account shrinks to $535,823 as NEC orders accelerated reforms

Dangote ends West Africa’s fuel import dependence, emerges region’s key diesel, jet fuel supplier

Dangote ends West Africa’s fuel import dependence, emerges region’s key diesel, jet fuel supplier

Africa’s largest refugee-hosting country is facing backlash over US migrant deal

Africa’s largest refugee-hosting country is facing backlash over US migrant deal

Millions of children at risk across Africa as aid cuts impact food supplies

Millions of children at risk across Africa as aid cuts impact food supplies

FG targets 25% contribution from ICT sector to GDP by 2030

FG targets 25% contribution from ICT sector to GDP by 2030

Governor Adeleke flags off enrolment of inmates into Osun health insurance scheme

Governor Adeleke flags off enrolment of inmates into Osun health insurance scheme

Trent Alexander-Arnold, PSG, Barcelona and the winners & losers of the 2025-26 Champions League draw

Trent Alexander-Arnold, PSG, Barcelona and the winners & losers of the 2025-26 Champions League draw

May, Obioma, Olugbile emerge as finalists of the Nigeria Prize for Literature, 2025

May, Obioma, Olugbile emerge as finalists of the Nigeria Prize for Literature, 2025

Amusan withdraws from Diamond League final

Amusan withdraws from Diamond League final

 Ex-champ McGirt tips Joshua to beat Usyk

Ex-champ McGirt tips Joshua to beat Usyk

Xi shows Trump who holds the cards as he sets up meeting with Kim and Putin

Xi shows Trump who holds the cards as he sets up meeting with Kim and Putin

UNILAG Senate Honours Retiring Profs. Okoro & Babawale

UNILAG Senate Honours Retiring Profs. Okoro & Babawale

Why the absence of a common act of tennis sportsmanship led to heated on-court argument at the US Open

Why the absence of a common act of tennis sportsmanship led to heated on-court argument at the US Open

CONFIRMED: We are considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 Presidential Ticket — PDP

CONFIRMED: We are considering Jonathan, Obi for 2027 Presidential Ticket — PDP

Friday, August 29, 2025 10:11 AM
ADVERTISEMENT

Follow us on

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member
logo

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Contact

Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos State.
+234(0)8098020976, 07013416146, 08066020976
info@newsexpressngr.com

Find us on

Facebook
Twitter

Copyright NewsExpress Nigeria 2025