



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Gov Zulum of Borno State
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, on Monday, reaffirmed his commitment to ensuring that no Local Government Area in the state falls to Boko Haram or ISWAP terrorists.
Zulum said this while speaking to State House correspondents after a meeting with President Bola Tinubu at the Aso Rock Villa.
The governor said that he was in Aso Rock to brief the President on the security station in the North-East and Borno State in particular.
Last week when Marte town was under attack by insurgents, Zulum appealed to the Federal Government to deploy decisive strategies that would ensure that the town does not fall to Boko Haram/ISWAP insurgents.
Speaking on Monday, the governor said that his plea to the Federal Government has started yielding some results.
He said, ?Honourably speaking, we made a plea to the federal government of Nigeria, and I believe within the last couple of days, the Nigerian armed forces have taken some certain decisions that will curtail the imminence of the insurgency.
?And I believe something shall be done. Most importantly, some plans are underway by the federal government, especially the establishment of forest guards.
?That will be a game-changer. Above all, as we have said it all, some of the Boko Haram and ISWA members are using some sophisticated weapons.
I believe the federal government is also working on this direction. But by and large, the president has given me assurance that they will do everything to control the situation, and I believe the federal government will do something.
?On my own part, as the governor of Borno State, I will not relent in my effort in strengthening the resilience of our community and getting our volunteers so that the efforts of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be complemented. So far, so good. This is what is happening.
?And a few days ago I made a call that no local government shall be allowed to be taken over by Boko Haram or ISWAP members.
?It will never happen now. So I?m calling the Nigerian Armed Forces, the civilian authorities, and all those that are concerned to rise up to the matter and defend our local government areas.
I believe, Insha Allah, with the support of the Nigerian Army, with the support of the Armed Forces, we will not leave a single local government to fall into the hands of the insurgents.? (Channels TV)








.webp&w=256&q=75)
.webp&w=256&q=75)















