ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Court remands 3 Anambra native doctors, adjourns case

News Express |4th Apr 2025 | 499
Court remands 3 Anambra native doctors, adjourns case

The three native doctors with Governor Sokudo's security aide in white




By PAMELA EBOH, Awka

An Anambra State High Court presided over by Honourable Justice Jude Obiorah, on Friday adjourned the cases of three Anambra based native doctors accused of criminal activities and involvement in Oke-ite charms to April 11, 2025.

He explained that the adjournment is to allow for proper service and arraignment of the suspects.

The accused native doctors include, Onyebuchi Okocha, aka Onyeze Jesus, Chidozie Nwangwu, aka Akwa Okuko, and Ekene Igboekweze, also known as Eke Hit.

They were charged in suit nos A/41C2025, A/40C2025 and A/42C2025 respectively with alleged claims of possessing supernatural powers to make money, stagnate destiny as well as conspiracy to commit felony to wit kidnapping and obtaining by fraud.

The suspects were all arrested by the Anambra Security outfit known as Agunechemba in February and have been in detention till date.

The Prosecution Counsel, Mr. F.C. Okeke, told the court that the charges against the suspect had been served them and that they were ready to proceed with the case.

But the Defense Counsel, Mr S.O. Iwuoba and others took turns to inform the court that the processes were not served in good time to enable them to respond.

The charges were not read in detail as a result of the development.

The presiding Judge, Justice Jude Obiora, ordered that the suspects be returned to Agunechemba detention facility to make for proper processes.

Speaking to journalists after the court proceedings, one of the Counsels for the 3 defendants, Remigus Okoli, said the state government came with a ploy to remand the defendants, saying that proper service and giving accused adequate time to prepare for defense are very fundamental as enshrined in the constitution and relevant laws of the state.

According to him, the law is on their side in defending the accused.

Comments

Post Comment

Friday, April 4, 2025 11:09 PM
ADVERTISEMENT

Follow us on

ADVERTISEMENT

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member
logo

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Contact

Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos State.
+234(0)8098020976, 07013416146, 08066020976
info@newsexpressngr.com

Find us on

Facebook
Twitter

Copyright NewsExpress Nigeria 2025