NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.
At least 10 people were killed on Wednesday in a fresh attack on five communities in the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State.
The attack came just six days after a similar assault in the Ruwi community, where 10 people were shot dead and three others injured during a wake-keep ceremony.
Confirming the incident on Thursday, Chairman of the Bokkos Cultural Development Council (BCDC), Farmasum Fuddang, detailed how the’assailants carried out the attacks.
“There were attacks yesterday affecting five villages. It started in Mongor, but security forces repelled the attackers. They then moved to Daffo, where security also intervened. After Daffo, they targeted Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai villages,” Fuddang said.
In a statement issued in Jos, the BCDC chairman lamented the rising death toll, revealing that over 20 community members had been killed in one week.
“On April 2 alone, they killed over 10 people. We appreciate the Nigerian military and police for their swift response, which helped minimize casualties,” he stated.
“We extend our deepest sympathies to the victims of the recent invasions in Ruwi, Mangor, Daffo, Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai. We call on emergency agencies such as NEMA, SEMA, and the Nigerian Red Cross to swiftly provide relief to the displaced and injured, the group said.
The Nation gathered that the latest attacks have forced residents of the affected communities and their neighbors to flee for their lives.
Meanwhile, the Plateau State Government has condemned the attacks in Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna (Tagai), Hurti, and Tadai communities of Bokkos Local Government Area of the State on the night of April 2nd, 2025.
Commissioner of Information and Commissioner, Hon Joyce Ramnap, who spoke to our correspondent in a telephone interview, also pleaded for calm among citizens of the state.
I extend the State Government’s deepest sympathies to the victims of the recent invasions in Ruwi, Mangor, Daffo, Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai.
“I am calling for calm and restraint. Towards this end, I urge our citizens to remain vigilant yet peaceful.
“We commend the efforts of security operatives for their response and urge them to ensure that the Perpetrators of this dastardly act are brought to book”, the commissioner stated. (The Nation)