



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Ogun CP Lanre Ogunlowo
By IGE ADEKUNLE
The Nigeria Police Force, Ogun State Command has confirmed the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old man, Saheed Jinadu, by gunmen at Osuke Village in the Ota area of the state.
The Command?s spokesperson, CSP Omolola Odutola, disclosed the incident in a statement issued to newsmen on Thursday in Ota, Ogun.
According to Odutola, a complaint was lodged at the police station on Feb. 27, at about 2:20 p.m. by Olusoji Jinadu, a resident of Iju Mosque Compound, Osuke, Ota.
Jinadu reported that earlier that day, at about 8:00 a.m., a group of armed hoodlums, led by an individual identified as Elijah, stormed the Muslim prayer ground in Osuke, Ota, on a motorcycle.
?Upon arrival, the assailants opened fire indiscriminately, causing panic and endangering the lives of innocent citizens.
?Tragically, the complainant?s 24-year-old son, Saheed, was struck by a bullet, but later rushed to the state general hospital, Ota, where a doctor on duty pronounced him dead.
?However, his remains have been preserved for an autopsy as part of the ongoing investigation while efforts have been launched to track down and apprehend those responsible for the heinous act,? she said.
Odutola said that following the report, police operatives promptly visited the crime scene, where three expended cartridges and two spent AK-47 rounds were recovered.
She said that the Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Ogunlowo, strongly condemned the senseless and brutal attack on Osuke Village, Ota, by yet-to-be-identified gunmen.
According to her, the command extends its deepest condolences to the family of the deceased, and assures the public that all necessary measures are being taken to bring the perpetrators to justice.
She assured the public that the police command remained steadfast in its commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all residents.
Odutola implored members of the public to remain calm and cooperate with the police by providing any relevant information that could aid in the arrest of the culprits. (NAN)

























