



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Olubadan, Oba Olakulehin
Following reports claiming the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, has passed away at 89, the Oyo State Government has dismissed it as rumour.
Reacting to the media reports, the Oyo State Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Wasiu Olatunbosun, assured the public that the referred monarch is alive and in good health.
He said, ?Yes, Olubadan is alive, hale, and hearty. I spoke with one of his sons, Prince Olaseke Owolabi Olakulehin, who represented the family at the coronation committee.?
Also, the Chief Press Secretary to the Olubadan, Gbenga Ayoade, affirmed that Oba Olakulehin is in good health.
Ayoade stated that he left the palace around 8pm and there was no crisis, ?When I later contacted the palace, I was told Baba is hale and healthy.?
Refuting speculations that the monarch had been flown out of Ibadan for medical treatment, he said, ?Baba is still in Ibadan. He was not flown anywhere. He is doing very fine.?
Recall that Oba Olakulehin, born July 5 1935, received his staff of office from Governor Seyi Makinde on July 12, 2024, following the demise of the 42nd Olubadan, Oba Moshood Olalekan Balogun, Alli Okumade II, who died March 14 at the age of 81 years. (Nigerian Tribune)

























