



Updating your news feed...

NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. Published by Africa’s international award-winning journalist, Mr. Isaac Umunna, NEWS EXPRESS is Nigeria’s first truly professional online daily newspaper. It is published from Lagos, Nigeria’s economic and media hub, and has a provision for occasional special print editions. Thanks to our vast network of sources and dedicated team of professional journalists and contributors spread across Nigeria and overseas, NEWS EXPRESS has become synonymous with newsbreaks and exclusive stories from around the world.

Armed kidnappers
Abductors of an Ibadan based agro-industrial firm worker have demanded a N100,000,000 ransom from his employers.
It was gathered that the incident happened on Friday when four of the company?s staff were returning from the company?s farm, located at Onigaari Village area on Ibadan-Ijebu-Ode Road, Ibadan.
A source, who was privy to the incident, said four of the company?s staff left the farm at about 5:30pm on the fateful day after completing the day?s work.
They were said to be travelling in a Hilux vehicle when the gunmen opened fire on them, having laid ambush on the way.
According to the source, while three of the farm workers sustained varying degrees of gunshot injuries, the kidnappers abducted the only member of the team that was not injured.
He was said to have been moved to an unknown location since then.
The three injured persons were still receiving treatment at a private hospital around Challenge area of the capital city.
Onigaari area has become notorious for kidnapping in recent years. Commuters and motorists have been kidnapped in the area at different times in the past, thereby instilling fears in people doing business around the area.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Adewale Osifeso, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), said investigation was ongoing on the incident. (The Nation)

























