Mother, daughter electrocuted in their shop

Posted by News Express | 19 May 2020 | 386 times

Gmail icon


By PAMELA EBOH, Awka

A 55-year-old woman was yesterday (Monday) electrocuted with her 10-year-old daughter  in their shop, along St Peter’s junction, Okpuno, Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The deceased, Mrs Patience Ugbana, and her daughter, Adaeze Ugbana, were said to have died when a high tension electric wire allegedly fell on their shop.

A statement by the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Haruna Mohammed, said the corpses were deposited at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH) mortuary for autopsy.

He said Investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

The statement partly reads: “On 18/05/2020 at about 330pm, there was a report at Otolo Division that one Mrs Patience Ugbana ‘f’ aged 55 years and her daughter Miss Adaeze Ugbana ‘f’ aged 10 years were electrocuted in their shop along St Peter’s junction Okpuno Nnewichi in Nnewi North LGA of Anambra State when a high tension electric wire allegedly fell on victim's shop.

“Police operatives visited the scene and victims were rushed to Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching hospital (NAUTH) Nnewi for treatment but they were confirmed dead by a Medical Doctor on duty.”


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...