Fayose faults Jonathan over N22b

Posted by News Express | 24 January 2015 | 2,681 times

Gmail icon


Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, has denied a report that Federal Government released a sum of N22 billion to Ekiti State after assuming power in October 2014.

Fayose said this yesterday at the signing ceremony of the state’s 2015 appropriation bill of N80.9 billion and three other bills into law.

President Goodluck Jonathan was said to have told the people of Ekiti during his campaign in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital that his government had settled the money it owed the state.

The governor had last month presented a budget of N80.774 billion to the House of Assembly, but the lawmakers, after tinkering with the budget, passed N80.9 billion for the 2015 fiscal year.

The other bills signed into law by the governor include Ekiti State Peace Corps (Repeal) Law, Grant of Pensions (Amendment) Law 2014 and Ekiti State Change of Official Logo (Amendment) Law 2014.

Adapted from Saturday Tribune


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...