How soldiers tortured our son to death over N50 egg — Family

Posted by Dicson S. Adama, Jos | 6 February 2020 | 1,231 times

Gmail icon

The family of late Simon Azi Izang of Tina Junction area of Jos North local government area of Plateau State have cried for justice for their son who was allegedly tortured to death by operatives of Operation Save Havens.

The family alleged that Izang was tortured to death by the personnel of OPSH, a multi task force in charge of security operations in Plateau, Bauchi and parts of southern Kaduna State.

The family said Izang was killed by the operatives during a misunderstanding over a N50 (fifty Naira) egg at a relaxation spot in a place called Las Vegas at Tina Junction.

Our reporter gathered that the egg was initially bought by someone sitting with Benjamin, but the person later rejected the egg after Benjamin had broken it for him.

After the initial buyer of the egg rejected it, Benjamin was then left with no option but to purchase it; but upon delay in paying the money, argument ensued between him and the egg seller, which led to fisticuffs.

The egg seller then went and called personnel of OPSH who later came and took Benjamin away to discipline him, and it eventually led to his death.

Speaking with our reporter on how Benjamin died, his elder brother, James Izang said his brother died from injuries sustained during the torture.

He alleged that upon reporting his brother to the OPSH by the egg seller, they came and stripped him naked, forced him into the gutter and broke his legs with irons.

He said, his late brother was brought home by sympathisers upon his release by OPSH, and then finally died when they got to the hospital for treatment.

He said they have reported the matter to the police and some eye witness are ready to testify, adding that they could not approach the OPSH as they are fears that the operatives were willing to still hurt anyone.

James said they will take all necessary actions within the law to seek Justice for his brother.

When contacted OPSH Media Officer, Major Ibrahim Shittu, said he was not aware of the incident. (Daily Trust)

Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.

You may also like...