Posted by News Express | 6 January 2020 | 686 times
A primary school head at Onumaocha Okpitumo in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Romanus Nworie, was reportedly electrocuted while trying to connect light from a high tension cable.
However, the incident occurred in Abaomege Onicha Local Government Area of the state where he went to connect light for another community, Nsuba Okpoitumo-Ikwo.
Although he was not an official of the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC), Nworie went for the illegal connection based on a promise by the community to pay him.
A source close to the family of the deceased disclosed that Nworie woke up, called his wife and told her that he had a dream that he was electrocuted but the couple rejected the dream and held a brief prayer to back up the rejection.
The source said that shortly after, the people came requesting for his services to enable them enjoy light during the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
“He had a dream on 23rd where he was electrocuted and he told his wife about the ugly dream, later in the day a group of people came and invited him to come and connect light from the National Grid for a community called Nsuba through Abaomege in Onicha Local Government Area that was where the electric shocked him and he died immediately. (New Telegraph)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.