Posted by News Express | 1 January 2020 | 1,555 times
Gary McLaren, 50, died after a firework exploded in his face in the New Year with his Thai fiancee and friends in the party resort of Pattaya, eastern Thailand, on December 31 according to a report by Daily Mail.
Mr. McLaren, who was originally from Corby, Northamptonshire, had been partying at the Miami A Go-Go bar before stepping outside and trying to light a 50cm cardboard tube packed with fireworks.
According to onlookers, his initial attempts to light the fireworks failed, but he succeeded on a second attempt, causing smoke to pour out of the tube.
The fireworks then exploded in his face, knocking him to the ground.
Police and medics were called and performed chest compressions on Mr. McLaren, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Video from the scene showed Mr McLaren’s partner, Jasmine, weeping and hugging his body.
Posting on Facebook after the accident, she wrote:
‘This is [our] last picture honey, you will be in my heart forever babe. RIP Gary McLaren.’
Rod Parsons added: ‘RIP my brother Gary McLaren
‘You were like a brother to me & I’ll always be forever grateful plus in your debt for everything you’ve done for me and my son Corey Parsons.’
Mike Cooperman, an American-born bar owner in Pattaya, posted a photo of Gary as Jasmine proposed to him inside a snooker bar in tribute. He wrote:
‘I will always remember how happy you were that night. RIP Gary, a good friend and brother. Jasmine please accept our deepest condolences and to his family. If you need anything please let us know.’ (The Guardian)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.