Why we arrested Shina Peller – Police •Club sealed

Posted by News Express | 23 December 2019 | 927 times

Gmail icon

•Member House of Reps, Shina Peller

According to several reports, Shina Peller, a member of the House of Representatives, was arrested and detained at the Moroko Police Station in Lagos State.

It is gathered that the lawmaker representing Iseyin/Itesiwaju/Kajola/Iwajowa Federal Constituency, Oyo State, was reportedly arrested while trying to take the bail of some clubbers.

Peller who owns popular Lagos nightclub, Quilox was allegedly “at Maroko Poice Station to bail some of Club Quilox’s customers who had allegedly parked on the road during a show at the club”.

A statement released by his Press Secretary, Mr Kola Popoola explained that Honourable Peller informed the concerned Lagos traffic authorities about Quilox’s annual 36hours non-stop show that holds at the club to avoid unnecessary traffic gridlock.

The statement further went on to allege that upon the club owner’s arrival at the Moroko police station, the police started harassing him with his phones seized.

A photo of the club Quilox being sealed off also emerged online with reports that it was shut down by LASEPA. for noise pollution and traffic congestion.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Command has explained the reason for the arrest and detention of House of Representatives member, Shina Peller.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said Peller’s club, Quilox, was fond of obstructing free flow of traffic.

He explained that the lawmaker had been warned many times, but he refused to do anything about it.

He said after some of his customers’ vehicles caused gridlock on Monday, the police intervened by towing three of the vehicles.

Bala claimed that Peller mobilised thugs, invaded the station and forcefully removed the vehicles.

He said, “The honourable is the owner of that club and his customers are fond of parking on the road and blocking the road. If you want to pass that place, you will have tough times.

“Up till 9am, the club was still on. They refused to remove their vehicles and Lagosians were seriously disturbed. Even Mr Governor was affected this morning. He had to manoeuvre his way through it.

“This man had been talked to many times, but he refused to listen. This morning, our patrol vehicles towed three vehicles out of that place so that people could pass.

Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.

You may also like...