Schoolboy faints after overdose of Indian hemp during cult initiation

Posted by Wole Balogun, Ado-Ekiti | 17 October 2019 | 2,024 times

Gmail icon

•Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi

Pandemonium broke out in Olaoluwa Grammar School, Ado Ekiti, on Wednesday, when a yet-to-be-identified student collapsed after allegedly consuming some generous dose of Indian hemp allegedly handed to him by his schoolmates.

Our correspondent gathered that the student who was found helpless on the floor was said to have been lured into smoking hemp by some of his colleagues who later dumped him in a bush near their school premises, and after they found out that he had fainted.

It was further learnt that the boy was rescued by residents and some teachers of the school after the information got to them.

Some residents of the area alleged that the student slumped while his colleagues were trying to initiate him as a member of a cult group.

They explained that some of the students had turned the bush and uncompleted buildings in the area into a den where they often perform their dastardly acts.

They called on the government to clear the bush to prevent the students from carrying out their illicit activities there.

Counsellor of Olaoluwa Muslim Secondary School, Pastor Victor Adelusi, who confirmed the incident, said he had received a distress call that one of the school students had died in the bush. But on getting there, he discovered that the boy was grasping for breath hence he was resuscitated.

Pastor Adelusi noted that the student had been taken to his house as his parents confirmed that he had been engaging in drugs recently.

He explained that the concern students would be duly punished. (The Sun)


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.

You may also like...