Fire guts Catholic Bishop’s office

Posted by Pamela Eboh, Awka | 8 October 2019 | 673 times

Gmail icon

•Burnt section of the Bishop’s office. PHOTO: PAMELA EBOH / News Express.

The office of the Catholic Bishop of Awka Diocese, Most Rev Paulinus Ezeokafor, has been gutted by fire following an electrical fault.

The inferno, which affected a section of the Bishop’s office, was said to have been ignited from the solar inverter.

Abuchi Onwumelu, press secretary to the bishop, said in a statement: “The fire was caused by a fault at an inverter.

“Some priests and other people around fought to quell the inferno with a fire extinguisher before the arrival of the state Fire Service led by the Director/Chief Fire officer, Engr Martin Agbili.”

Speaking with journalists, the Bishop expresses delight at the quick response of the fire fighters, describing it as worthy of emulation.

He gave gratitude to God that no life was lost in the incident.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...