Posted by Muritala Ayinla | 5 October 2019 | 885 times
Tragedy struck at the Ikotun area of Lagos on Friday night when fire razed a building leaving a two-year-old boy dead and others injured.
The tragic incident, which occurred at 4, Ben Okonkwo Street off Governor’s Road was said to have started from one of the mini flats on the top floor of the said storey building.
While some said that the incident occurred as a result of power outage, others blamed the incident on the careless usage of candle light.
Disturbed by the disaster caused by the inferno, it was learnt that a pregnant mother slumped on seeing her two-year-old son burnt beyond recognition.
According to the General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, one person lost his life and a number of others sustained injures despite spirited efforts of the LASEMA Response Team to rescue the victims.
He explained that the woman could have also slumped due to trauma of the loss of her two-year old child and possible inhalation of smoke fumes from the fire, adding that the woman had been taken to the hospital for treatment. (New Telegraph)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.