Posted by News Express | 3 November 2014 | 3,442 times
The Nigerian military has assured that it will soon re-capture parts of Adamawa and Borno states presently in the hands of Boko Haram terrorists, who have lately renewed their onslaught in the two north-eastern states.
Military spokesman, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, said yesterday on Channels Television that “there is a more intensive shelling of areas where the terrorists are hiding.”
He said air raids are already being carried out by officers and men of the Air Force and Nigerian Army ground operations is yielding results.
According to Olukolade, the focus now is on deployment of troops and necessary equipment to reverse all recent violation and breach of security by terrorists and others operating in parts of the country.
Insurgents believed to be Boko Haram members had on Wednesday launched a coordinated attack on Uba and Mubi towns of Adamawa State. Both towns are located at the northern part of the state bordering Michika and Madagali earlier under siege by the Islamists.
Residents said gunshots are currently being heard in both towns as there have been fierce battles earlier in the day. Security troops have made several attempts to repel attacks on the two towns.
Last month, the government announces a ceasefire deal with Boko Haram, but that agreement is being breached by the militants.
•Photo shows Nigerian troops engaged in the war against Boko Haram.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.