Posted by News Express | 21 July 2019 | 1,393 times
Following the suspension of the Fulani Herdsmen RUGA Settlement policy of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government across the country, a northern youth group under the aegis of the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG), has openly threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable.
The group said unless the Fulani herdsmen were allowed to rear their cattle in the South-East, South-West and South-South parts of the country, they would not allow southerners to enjoy peace in the North.Clearly, this is treasonable felony, and these rascally youths from the North should have been arrested to face treason charges.
If President Buhari refuses to order for their arrest, then his so-called suspension of the Fulani Herdsmen RUGA Settlement policy would be seen by Nigerians as a smokescreen to calm down tension, buy more time and finally come back with a more decisive approach, to implement the satanic, evil-cratic and jezebelic agenda.
If Buhari is genuinely sincere in the suspension of the RUGA settlement policy, if he wants Nigerians to take him serious, then he should move to the next level, by ordering for the disarming of the Fulani herdsmen, with immediate effect.
I say this because the Fulani herdsmen are the only Nigerians who openly carry arms and other dangerous weapons of destruction, and the Federal Government under Buhari has intentionally refused to do anything about it. That is why their youths can now openly threaten to make this country ungovernable, if the now rested RUGA settlement policy is not implemented.
I cannot understand why a government that is supposed to be for all the over 300 tribes in Nigeria, has chosen to protect only the Fulani tribe? This tribe, through sponsored killer-herdsmen, has brazenly killed and still killing thousands of innocent Nigerians, yet President Buhari, a Fulani as well, has refused to do anything about it. This singular attitude has completely damaged the reputation of the President, irretrievably. Right now, Buhari has lost his face and perceived integrity, dignity and credibility in the estimation of right-thinking Nigerians. If gold rusts, then character could be destroyed completely. Nigerians now see the Fulani tribe as an evil tribe.
To reassure us, Nigerians, that he has no ulterior motive, President Buhari should do the following:
1. He must apologise to Nigerians for deliberately keeping quiet while his kinsmen, Fulani herdsmen, shed unnecessary blood of innocent citizens.
2. He must disarm the Fulani herdsmen, or in the alternative allow all animal and crop farmers in the country to carry arms.
3. Buhari should suspend, with immediate effect, the Federal Government’s planned policy to establish a Fulani radio station.
4. The three arms of government must be restructured to reflect national and federal character, as against the present arrangement where only the Fulani tribe controls all the three arms of government (Executive, Legislature and Judiciary).
5. Buhari must restructure the Armed Forces, such that the six geo-political zones would control the security network of the country, as against the present arrangement which have Fulani tribe controlling the security architecture of the country.
I. The South-south should control the Navy
II. The South-west should control the Air Force
III. The South-east should control the Police Force.
IV. The North-central should control the Army.
V. The North-east should control the Department of State Security
F. The North-west should control the Security and Civil Defence Corps.
Conclusively, President Buhari should rise up to the occasion and mitigate the menace Fulani herdsmen are causing in the country. He must stop aiding them. This country belongs to all of us Nigerians, and not only to the Fulani tribe.
•Citizen Ikenna Samuelson Iwuoha, former Senior Special Assistant on Media/Special Duties
Imo State House of Assembly, can be reached via 07032934037
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.