Posted by News Express | 11 June 2019 | 660 times
As part of efforts to increase patronage at the Eastern Ports, the Management of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has approved a ten per cent (10%) discount on harbour dues in all concession terminals at the ports.
“Ports that will be affected by this initiative are Calabar, Rivers and Delta Ports,” Jatto A Adams, NPA General Manager, Corporate and Strategic Communications, said Monday, in a statement.
The statement clarified that the discount will only apply to harbour dues payable by the following types of vessels/cargoes:
1. Container vessels with at least 250 TEUs
2. General Cargo vessels with at least 16,000 MT
3. Combo Vessels with at least 16,000 MT
4. RORO Vessels with at least 250 units of Vehicles
The statement disclosed that the discounts shall not apply to:
1. Vessels coming INBALLAST
2. Vessels calling at private jetties.
3. Vessels calling carrying Liquid bulk.
“The application of these discounts will take immediately effect,” the statement said.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.