Posted by News Express | 6 May 2019 | 772 times
Troops of Sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole deployed at Forward Operation Base (FOB) Magumeri, Borno State, “had a fierce encounter with Boko Haram Terrorists on the 3rd of May 2019,” the Nigerian Army announced on Sunday.
“The criminals came in numbers to infiltrate Magumeri village in order to loot food items and other valuables. The indefatigable troops effectively thwarted the terrorists’ plan through superior fire power,” Colonel Ezindu Idima, Deputy Director Army Public Relations, Sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole, said in a statement.
Continuing, he said: “During the encounter, the gallant troops exterminated scores of the insurgents and many escaped with gunshot wounds. A pursuit/clearance operation has been sustained to deal with the remaining fleeing criminals.
“Recall that the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) launched Operation Yancin Tafki in February this year, the operation has denied the terrorists freedom of action and access to foodstuffs and other logistics which forced them to resort to looting vulnerable communities and villages for food stuffs and other necessities.
“However, during the encounter the terrorists suffered heavy losses/ casualty. Unfortunately, five soldiers paid the supreme price. Troops have continued to intensify vigilance and high level of alertness to deny the bandits freedom of action.
“The Commander Sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Olufemi Akinjobi, has on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff commended the troops for their gallantry, resilience and patriotism. He charged them to maintain the momentum and the successes achieved so far to ensure the final defeat of the terrorists.”
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.