Posted by News Express | 4 April 2019 | 7,856 times
The Presidency on Thursday disowned a list of purported members of President Muhammadu Buhari’s new cabinet for his second four-year tenure beginning May 29, 2019.
The list shows six ministers not only reappointed but also retaining their portfolios. They are Rotimi Amaechi (Transportation); Hadi Sirika (State, Aviation); Abdulrahman Danbazau (Interior); Ogonnaya Onu (Science & Technology); Abubakar Mallami (Justice); and Audu Ogbeh (Agriculture).
Chris Ngige, (Labour & Productivity) is also listed as being retained but with a new portfolio: Communications.
Heavyweight newcomers on the list include outgoing Lagos State Governor Akinwumi Ambode (purportedly penciled down for Budget & National Planning) and Senator Godswill Akpabio (Niger Delta Affairs).
Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity), Mr. Femi Adesina, however, dismissed the list when contacted by News Express. “Fake news”, he replied when asked to confirm the authenticity of the list.
Below is the list entitled ‘New Cabinet Members’:
1. Kayode Adesola (Ogun) – Labour & Employment
2. Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers) – Transportation
3. Chris Ngige (Anambra) – Communications
4. Hadi Sirika (Katsina) – State Aviation
5. Akinwumi Ambode (Lagos) – Budget & National Planning
6. Abdulrahman Danbazau (Kano) – Interior
7. Fatima I Gambo (Taraba) – Women Affairs
8. Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi) – Science & Technology
9. Abubakar Mallami (Kebbi) – Justice
10. Ahmed Mohammad Kwarra (Nasarawa) – Industry, Trade & Investment
11. Barnabas Bala Bantex (Kaduna) – State Education
12. Audu Ogbeh (Benue) – Agriculture
13. Mohammed Binddo Jibirlla (Adamawa) – F C T
14. Halima Babayo (Yobe) – State Foreign Affairs
15. Adebayo Adelabu (Oyo) – Finance
16. Godswill Akpabio (Akwa-Ibom) – Niger Delta Affairs
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.