Posted by News Express | 2 January 2019 | 760 times
After weeks of public voting, winners of the 5th edition of Africa’s most coveted award for young achievers, Africa Youth Awards, have been announced.
In commemoration of its 5th edition, the awards on Tuesday announced only five categories which featured 60 nominees from 28 countries across Africa and received massive participation from across the globe.
Winning the prizes for African Youth of the Year are Ato Ulzen-Appiah, Director of the GhanaThink Foundation and Buumba Malambo, Founder of the Buumba Malambo Foundation.
Prince Akpah, Co-Founder & President of the awards noted that for the past five years, Africa Youth Awards has evolved in recognising the outstanding works of young individuals who have demonstrated diligence in their individual commitments towards the advancement of various causes across the continent.
The awards in 2016 launched the 100 Most Influential Young Africans list which has also honoured 100s of young achievers across the continent coupled with features across the globe.
Below is the Full List of 2018 Winners:
• African Youth of the Year (Female) – Buumba Malambo, Founder, Buumba Malambo Foundation (Zambia)
• African Youth of the Year (Male) – Ato Ulzen- Appiah, Director, GhanaThink Foundation (Ghana)
• Advocate of the Year – Muhammed Lamin Saidykhan, Coordinator, Africans Rising Movement (Gambia)
• Entrepreneur of the Year – Amon Sheefeni Namundjebo, CEO, Amon Security Services (Namibia)
• Leader of the Year – Elizabeth Ntonjira, Communications Manager- Central, East & West Africa, IBM (Kenya)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.