Fidelity bank banner Newsexpress banner Okowa 2019 gubernatorial campaign Camano banner
Dasuki boycotts trial over FG’s disobedience of court orders

By News Express on 13/11/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+

Views: 466

•Ex-NSA, Dasuki
•Ex-NSA, Dasuki

Former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), has berated the Federal Government over his continued detention and disobedience of various court orders that admitted him on bail.

Dasuki in a strongly-worded letter he personally signed and addressed to the Registrar of the Federal High Court Abuja vowed to boycott any proceeding for his trial “since the Federal Government has proved beyond reasonable doubt that it would not obey any order of the court even if it is in his favour.”

Dasuki had previously perfected bails granted him by five different judges of high courts including Justices Ademola Adeniyi, Justice Ahmed Mohammed and Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Abuja Federal High Court and Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf and Justice Peter Affen of the FCT High Courts. The ECOWAS Court of Justice also ordered his immediate release from detention.

In the letter dated November 12, 2018, the Ex-NSA recalled several court judgements which ordered his release from detention since December 2015 which were not obeyed and other decisions that admitted him to bail and which were also refused by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the letter, Dasuki said: “Prevailing circumstances have prompted me to write this letter to the court, the hope of every Nigerian citizens. Unfortunately, it seems to me that the current administration has so much interference with the judicial system, such that it has become practically impossible for the Court to maintain her independence, the administration of justice. My plight is of common Knowledge.”

Recalling how Buhari’s government refused to obey several court orders, Dasuki said he had to approach another court for the enforcement of his fundamental human right.

Dasuki said: “After the Federal Government failed to comply with all the bail orders and judgement of the ECOWAS court, I further approached the Federal High Court for the enforcement of my fundamental human right. In a judgment delivered by Hon. Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu on July 2, 2018, the court found that my right had been breached and accordingly ordered my release from detention. The conditions whereof the court admitted me to bail have been met, but I have still not been released from custody.

“I am very much apprehensive about the President’s (Buhari) statement, in that my rights will continually be violated and that no order for my release will be honoured by the Federal Government of Nigeria or any of its agencies.

“In reaction to my the judgement of the court enforcing my fundamental human right, an embarrassing statement was credited to Mr. Abubakar Malami SAN, the current Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice on 13 July 2018 after the bail conditions have been met, including the deposit of N1,000,000 with the Registrar of the Federal High Court, stated that irrespective of the judgment directing the said release, the Federal Government would not comply

“At this juncture, it will seem that the Nigerian Government is not inclined to yield or obey the orders of any Court of Law; whether domestic or international. Ironically, the Federal Government still wants to ride on judicial wings to prosecute me, when it does not comply with Orders that proceed from the Court, especially in relation to me

“At this point, I strongly believe that there must be an end to this hypocrisy and lopsided/ partisan rule of law.

“Since the Federal Government has resolved not to comply with judicial Orders directing my release, it is better for the Court to also absolve me of the need to submit myself for further prosecution. Justice should be evenly dispensed, as opposed to same, being in favour of the Federal Government of Nigeria.”

However, at the resume trial today before Justice Ahmed Rahmat Mohammed, counsel to Federal Government, Chief Dipo Opeseyi, told the court that Dasuki had deliberately refused to come to court because of his anger on certain steps taking by the government against him.

In his reaction, Justice Muhammad directed the prosecution to always depose to an affidavit of evidence whenever the former NSA declined to come to court.

The Judge who said he had not received Dasuki’s letter formally however adjourned further trial till November 19, 2019. (PRNigeria)

 

Source News Express

Posted 13/11/2018 7:30:06 PM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+


 

CLASSIFIED ADS

 

You may also like...
NAMA streamlines airspace coordination procedures in 4 airports...

Buhari assures workers of speedy approval of new...

JAMB spits fire over illegal admissions

National Assembly adjourns after resumption from Yuletide break...

2019: Only eight parties have submitted candidates’ lists,...

Transparency International indicts Govs, Security Chiefs in N250bn...

EFCC nabs Emergency Management Agency chief over diversion...

Obiano defies rain, hits grassroots for Jonathan, APGA...

Internet fraudsters zero in on corporate email accounts...

Saraki mourns Kawu Baraje’s mother

Defence Ministry, PSIN strike deal on public sector...

Obaseki unveils plans to construct 45 roads in...

 

Latest News Shoot-at-sight-order: Prepare to spend the rest of your life in jail, activists tell Buratai, others Court orders Jay Jay Okocha’s arrest State-by-state details of PVCs collected for 2019 elections: Lagos, Kano top the list Osinbajo attacked in Ilorin Boko Haram kills five, abducts nine in latest attacks US Secretary of State’s statement on Atiku is fake news: US Govt. Polls: Security agents uncover six flash points in Anambra Ohanaeze youths raise the alarm over plot to disrupt elections in South East 12 presidential candidates back Buhari Another Ebonyi guber candidate steps down for Umahi The Ekeh Miracle: Celebrating a digital icon @ 63 Pro-Buhari hackers accused of shutting down Atiku on-line platforms

 

Most Read NUDE PHOTO OF OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE surfaces online (451,658 views) Nigerian female sex addict opens up, says ‘I like it with both men and women’ (405,574 views) Shameless Genevieve Nnaji exposes breasts in public (340,463 views) Finally named: The full list of friends of Nigerian female sex addict who prowled Facebook (292,496 views) OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU (the one who called himself God) IS DEAD (257,067 views) Igbo scholar disgraces Femi Fani-Kayode •Demolishes claims on Igbo/Yoruba history with facts and figures (234,073 views) Breaking News: POPULAR REVEREND CONVERTS TO ISLAM in Kaduna (Nigeria) (219,185 views) OBJ’s son reported dead in Lagos plane crash •Names of more victims emerge (200,740 views) My wasted years in Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood (188,364 views) THE FINAL DISGRACE: Igbo scholar unleashes more facts about Igbo/Yoruba history, finishes off Femi Fani-Kayode with second article (174,857 views) Lagos plane crash: Journalist releases victims’ names (172,954 views) 10 cars more expensive than Jets (167,995 views)

 

NLNG call for entries

CBN banner

 

Categories Advertorials (3) African Press Organisation (81) Art & Literature (81) Business & Economy (4,031) Business Verdict (58) Columnists (998) Complaints & Requests (95) Enterprise & Opportunities (208) Entertainment (591) Features (716) Global Business Monitor (326) ICT Monitor (11) International (3,111) Interview (173) Live Commentary (28) Love Matters (152) Maggie's Blog (154) News (43,377) Opinion (1,197) Pidgin (17) Politics (9,579) Religion (951) Sports (1,899) Stock Watch (37) AMA & Al Jazeera Global Update

 

 

 

 

APO Group Partner

 

 

CLASSIFIED ADS

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member

 

 

Africa Media Agency and Al Jazeera