Fidelity bank banner Camano banner
Egyptian couple ‘killed by something in room’

By News Express on 27/08/2018

Views: 750

•John and Susan Cooper died on Tuesday
•John and Susan Cooper died on Tuesday

The daughter of a British couple who died during a stay at an Egyptian hotel has insisted something in their room killed them.

John Cooper, 69, and his wife Susan, 63, from Burnley, Lancashire, died in Hurghada on Tuesday.

Egyptian investigators said on Saturday no traces of toxic gas had been detected in their room.

The couple's daughter Kelly Ormerod told the BBC how she found them both seriously ill in the room.

Ms Ormerod said her daughter went to her grandparents' room after the meal.

"My daughter said they could smell something that was a little bit funny that wasn't right.

"All they did was spray a little bit of perfume to try to eliminate the smell."

Ms Ormerod said her parents did not come down to breakfast the following morning so she went to check on them in their room.

"As I opened the door, I could see that my dad was extremely ill and he was staggering back to the bed."

He told her he felt "really, really poorly" and was very lethargic and vomiting a lot.

Her mother was lying on the bed.

Speaking from her Burnley home, Ms Ormerod who had been on holiday with her parents and her daughter, said the couple were "fit and healthy" and had no long-term illnesses.

"While I was on holiday, a lot of people got the Egyptian tummy, they didn't even get that.

"The evening before we went to bed, we were all having a lovely family meal and they were fit and healthy."

She said two doctors attended to her father in the hotel.

"They didn't really see to Mum because they could see that Dad was more ill and he took priority.

"They tried basically to save his life and they couldn't - they did CPR on him but nothing could help him, nothing could save him.

"Mum had no idea what was going on - she was oblivious to what was actually happening because she was so poorly."

Her mother was taken to hospital where she died later.

Ms Ormerod said: "I don't think it was specifically an individual's fault for the deaths.

"I think when they went back to that room that evening there was something in that room that's actually killed them - whether they've inhaled something that poisoned them, I don't know.

"I can only have my opinion on what's gone on, but there's something that happened in that room that killed my parents." (BBC)

Source News Express

Posted 27/08/2018 7:34:50 PM

 


 

CLASSIFIED ADS

 

You may also like...
Accreditation for OAU’s Law, Dentistry, 2 other courses...

South-East activists whip Army Chief for justifying massacre...

Patients in police van drown in US floods...

Ike Uche, Obafemi Martins, Iheanacho, Obasi and Haruna...

Delta moves to check proliferation of private schools...

Buhari, APC will be humiliated in 2019 —...

Boko Haram kills 7 police officers

Man plunges to death from roof of JP...

Okorocha, Ohakim, Ihedioha at war over Happiness Ministry...

Buhari, Dogara, Fayose praise Tinubu at 64

Akwa Ibom monarchs risk being jailed over alleged...

Kaduna appoints 77 new district heads

 

Latest News Election Tribunal: The hurdles before Atiku — Lawyers North-East, North-Central battle for senate presidency Lagos Govt defends racist Chinese restaurant Fireworks in Fayose’s trial as judge, EFCC’s lawyer clash Ex-football star arrested for drug trafficking NDLEA uncovers another drug factory in Enugu INEC setting dangerous, evil precedence with inconclusive polls — Dogara NDDC steps up partnership with EU on sustainable water projects Imo workers reject Okorocha’s electronic payment Three dead as robbers, police clash in Lagos Court orders arrest of Bayelsa politician, two others over abduction of DCP Okunola 2019 elections, a rape of democracy, says Labour

 

Most Read NUDE PHOTO OF OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE surfaces online (460,716 views) Nigerian female sex addict opens up, says ‘I like it with both men and women’ (410,314 views) Shameless Genevieve Nnaji exposes breasts in public (346,238 views) Finally named: The full list of friends of Nigerian female sex addict who prowled Facebook (297,143 views) OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU (the one who called himself God) IS DEAD (261,463 views) Igbo scholar disgraces Femi Fani-Kayode •Demolishes claims on Igbo/Yoruba history with facts and figures (236,410 views) Breaking News: POPULAR REVEREND CONVERTS TO ISLAM in Kaduna (Nigeria) (222,513 views) OBJ’s son reported dead in Lagos plane crash •Names of more victims emerge (204,226 views) My wasted years in Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood (192,546 views) 10 cars more expensive than Jets (177,066 views) THE FINAL DISGRACE: Igbo scholar unleashes more facts about Igbo/Yoruba history, finishes off Femi Fani-Kayode with second article (176,862 views) Lagos plane crash: Journalist releases victims’ names (175,716 views)

 

NLNG call for entries

CBN banner

 

Categories Advertorials (3) African Press Organisation (81) Art & Literature (81) Business & Economy (4,094) Business Verdict (60) Columnists (1,007) Complaints & Requests (95) Enterprise & Opportunities (208) Entertainment (596) Features (725) Global Business Monitor (327) ICT Monitor (23) International (3,200) Interview (174) Live Commentary (28) Love Matters (153) Maggie's Blog (189) News (44,078) Opinion (1,204) Pidgin (17) Politics (10,287) Religion (960) Sports (1,925) Stock Watch (39) AMA & Al Jazeera Global Update

 

 

 

 

APO Group Partner

 

 

CLASSIFIED ADS

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member

 

 

Africa Media Agency and Al Jazeera