Posted by Pamela Eboh, Awka | 14 August 2018 | 4,156 times
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Tuesday hailed its intelligence unit for allegedly discovering more 38 dead bodies of slain Biafrans in Obiawom village, Ogwe Autonomous Community in Asa Ukwa West LGA of Abia State.
The group said the findings will again drive home the horrors perpetrated in the area during the Operation Python Dance assignment by the military in the Southeast.
A statement made available by IPOB’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emma Powerful, the group said people that participated in the instigation of the operation which include Ohaneze Ndigbo, South East governors, and selected Igbo elders, as well as politicians, must not go unpunished.
The statement said: “If anything, this cold-blooded execution and unceremonious dumping of dead bodies in the forest by Fulani soldiers in Obiawom village in Ukwa West under the control of Abia State governor Okezie Ikpeazu is ample justification for the recent decision of IPOB to disengage from any further talks with Ohanaeze Ndigbo and South East governors until all issues surrounding the genocidal Operation Python Dance are cleared up.
“Had these number of murder victims been discovered in any Muslim country, region or part of the world, the International Criminal Court (ICC), United Nations, Britain, USA and world media will be up in arms demanding explanation and holding the perpetrators accountable. Because these events are happening to Biafrans in Nigeria; where an Islamic government, along with her security operatives, staffed by Fulani officers are aiding and protecting Hausa Fulani herdsmen and their kinsmen in the army from the consequences of the worst form of ethnically motivated genocide presently in Africa, the world remains deaf to the cries of IPOB.”
IPOB called for the naming of the site where the decomposed bodies were found as an 'international crime scene'
While calling for prompt investigation of the matter, IPOB said that if United Nations, ICC, USA and European Union fails to act on the gruesome discovery of mass grave of Biafrans in Abia State, that it would conclude that there exists a credible bias and conspiracy to exterminate and Islamise Biafra by the pro-Islamic international community.
The statement further said: “As we draw near to the anniversary of the murderous invasion of Afaraukwu on the 14th of September 2017, we once again call on Igbo governors, the global Christian community, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and other reputable and relevant human rights organisations around the world, to prevail upon the International Criminal Court, the Nigeria Government and her security operatives to release the remaining dead bodies of Biafrans in their custody since last year.
“An international panel of enquiry must be constituted as a matter of urgency to investigate the atrocities of this Buhari regime against innocent populations in Nigeria and Biafra in particular.”
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.