Abducted Chibok girls: Ezekwesili & co insist on storming Aso Rock Villa •Fix date, write Jonathan

Posted by News Express | 19 May 2014 | 4,133 times

Gmail icon


Former Education Minister Oby Ezekwesili and the #BringBackOurGirls coalition have declared that there is no going back on their planned march to the Aso Rcok Villa in a bid to compel the Goodluck Jonathan administration to do more to rescue the over 200 teenagers abducted April 14 from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, by Boko Haram.

Ezekwesili, who last Thursday gave Jonathan until today to address them on the abduction or face a mega march of protesters to the Villa, tweeted yesterday: “We are continuing plans for our next march for our #ChibokGirls that will take us to our President & Commander-in-Chief in the next few days.”

The march is planned for this Thursday, May 22.

“We have built up knowledge about the situation and we want to share that knowledge with the president,” Dr. Jibrin Ibrahim, a campaign member and civil society activist, told The Guardian of London. “Everybody in this country realises that the government has not been doing as much as it should. It took three weeks before security operatives visited the village. It was an absent state. A state that does not carry out its responsibilities is of much concern to us.”

A report in the Lagos-based The Nation said that the BringBackOurGirls coalition has already written the Presidency of its plans to take its campaign to the Presidential Villa.

“It was learnt that the request letter was sent to the government early last week,” said the paper. “It was gathered that the proposed march on Aso Rock was to dismiss the notion that the movement was being used for political purposes by the opposition.

“The march is also designed to hear from the President what his administration has done to rescue the abducted girls.”


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...