Posted by Ismaila Chafe | 12 July 2018 | 809 times
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over By President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday approved N35.6 billion for reconstruction of roads and bridge in the country.
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, disclosed this when he briefed State House correspondents at the end of the Council’s meeting held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The Minister said N8.9 billion of the amount was approved for construction of Ikom bridge and road in Calabar, Cross River.
According to him, the road and bridge with completion period of 24 months when completed, will create access to the port for trailers to move freely with their containers.
The Minister said that N11.78 billion was approved for Nguru –Gashua – Balmari road in Yobe State, while N8.6 billion was approved for Ilorin – Kishi road in Kwara State.
He said the Council also approved N5.4 billion for another road project in Abia State,
He disclosed that N933 million was also approved for automatic meter reading equipment for Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN).
“The other project that was approved relates to power and this is the approval to procure at the request of the TCN an automatic meter reading machine and services – that will include the installation of equipment and also the training of engineers, auditors, IT engineers who will operate and maintain the system.
“The total installation period is 18 months, supply and installation.
“The cost is N933.7million and the purpose is to facilitate remote meter reading for wholesale,” he said.
According to Fashola, the wholesale meters are different from the retail meters, saying that smooth implementation of the wholesale meters would help in dispute resolution as data can be easily produced online and eliminate all delays in the system.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who fielded a question on the controversy surrounding NYSC exemption certificate of the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, said the Federal Government had already responded to the allegation via a statement from the NYSC.
He said: “The government has spoken. NYSC is part of government and I have nothing to add to what the NYSC has said.” (NAN)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.