NAHCON to begin Hajj Saving Scheme for pilgrims •Transportation of intending pilgrims starts July 21

Posted by Salisu Sani-Idris | 5 July 2018 | 1,585 times

Gmail icon

•Hajj Pilgrims

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), said it would soon begin Hajj Savings Scheme to register intending pilgrims, who are desirous of performing Hajj in the next five years.

The Executive Chairman of NAHCON, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammad, made this disclosure while briefing newsmen at the final stakeholders’ preparatory meeting for the 2018 Hajj on Thursday in Abuja.

He said that the Hajj Saving Scheme was the best way to address the challenges of annual registration of pilgrims because it would allow window for a long time savings.

Muhammad explained that appropriate submission had been made to the Federal Government to approve the legal framework and the composition of the board of trustees that would manage the scheme.

The NAHCON chairman said that all the state pilgrims welfare boards, agencies and commission, had been directed to register any intending pilgrim, wishing to perform Hajj in the next five years.

He expressed optimism that the establishment of the scheme would bring to an end the annual payment of Hajj fare, where NAHCON was not certain of the number of Nigerian pilgrims, who would perform the Hajj.

Muhammad said the meeting was aimed at bringing all stakeholders in the Hajj together to review preparation and analyse its goals toward the successful delivery of the 2018 Hajj.

“We have reviewed what we have done and we are confident that the 2018 Hajj will be an improved version of the 2017 Hajj.

“Anybody, who is interested in performing Hajj in the next five years can now approach any state pilgrims welfare board and deposit his money.”

Muhammad said that based on the policy of Saudi Arabian Hajj Policy, all Hajj preparation was expected to take at least one month before the commencement of transportation of intending pilgrims.

This, according to him, will enable Saudi Authority to know who is coming to its country and be in the position to make adequate preparation for all the pilgrims from all over the world.

Meanwhile, NAHCON says it will commence transportation of 2018 intending pilgrims to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on July 21.

NAHCON Chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammad, made the disclosure at the Final Stakeholders Preparatory Meeting for the 2018 Hajj on Thursday in Abuja.

Muhammad said that the transportation of intending pilgrims would kick-start with Kogi intending pilgrims by MaxAir, a Nigerian charter airline.

“I want to use this medium to inform members of the public that God’s willing, on July 21, 2018, the transportation of intending pilgrims will commence.

“Our target is to commence the transportation of intending pilgrims from Kogi and they will be departing from Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja,” Muhammad said.

The NAHCON boss said that all the intending pilgrims under the Saudi Arabia Consulate in Kano would process their visa through that consulate.

According to him, the consult general has assured NAHCON that bio-metric will be deployed to some states, including Borno.

He said the commission was yet to finalise discussion with Saudi Embassy in Abuja on the modalities on how intending pilgrims who would process their visa under Abuja would go about it.

Muhammad, however, assured that the arrangement would not be far from that of Kano Consulate.

He said that all medical personnel would operate under one umbrella of the National Medical Team, adding that no state would be allowed to operate a separate medical facility in Saudi Arabia.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that at least, 95,000 intending pilgrims from Nigeria are expected to join over two million Muslims from around the world to perform the 2018 Hajj. (NAN)

 


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...