Posted by News Express | 29 April 2014 | 3,613 times
Another honour has come the way of Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, with his listing as one of the top 25 businessmen in the world by respected international media group, CNBC. The recognition is coming less than a week after Dangote and Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala were last Wednesday listed among the 100 most influential persons in the world by TIME magazine.
Dangote occupies number 23 slot on the “CNBC First 25” which CNBC judges to have had the most profound impact on business and finance since 1989, the year CNBC went live. “They have disrupted industries, sparked change and exercised an influence far beyond their own companies,” the company said, adding that the 25 men and women listed below—from different parts of the world and across different industries—have, for better or worse, been the rebels, icons and leaders in the vanguard of that change.
1. Steve Jobs Apple’s iVisionary
2. Bill Gates Microsoft founder and philanthropist
3. Ben Bernanke & Alan Greenspan Former U.S. Fed chairs
4. Sergey Brin‚ Larry Page & Eric Schmidt Google’s internet and media disruptors
5. Jeff Bezos Amazon’s retail revolutionary
6. Warren Buffett Legendary American investor
7. Oprah Winfrey Billionaire talk-show entrepreneur
8. Mark Zuckerberg Facebook founder
9. Jack Bogle Index mutual fund pioneer
10. Larry Ellison Oracle co-founder
11. Rupert Murdoch Global media mogul
12. Jack Welch 20-year chairman and CEO of GE
13. NR Narayana Murthy Infosys founder; “father of Indian IT”
14. Howard Schultz Starbucks CEO
15. Bernard Arnault Luxury baron of LVMH
16. Li Ka-shing Hong Kong tycoon; Asia's richest man
17. Carl Icahn American activist investor
18. Meg Whitman Hewlett-Packard and former eBay CEO
19. Amancio Ortega Founder of Zara fashion stores
20. Michael Bloomberg Wall Street data pioneer and ex-NYC mayor
21. Sandy Weill Banker and Wall Street dealmaker
22. Cher Wang Founder of Taiwan smartphone maker HTC
23. Aliko Dangote Billionaire African entrepreneur
24. Martha Stewart Founder of home-making media empire
25. Carlos Slim Billionaire Mexican business magnate
•Photo shows Aliko Dangote.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.