WE’LL BOMB ABUJA AGAIN —Boko Haram Leader •Accepts responsibility for Nyanya twin blast that killed 75

Posted by News Express | 20 April 2014 | 3,113 times

Gmail icon


Five days after the dastardly act, Boko Haram leader, Imam Abubakar Shekau, yesterday finally confirmed speculations that his group was responsible for Monday morning rush hour bombing of a crowded bus station in Nyanya Motor Park on the outskirts of Abuja that killed at least 75 people and left hundreds seriously wounded.

Shekau in a 28-minute video message posted online spat fire, vowing to carry out more attacks in and around Abuja. He claimed that his men are already stationed in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and environs.

“We are the ones that carried out the attack in Abuja,” Shekau who was dressed in military uniform and seated with a Kalashnikov resting on his left shoulder, said. Addressing President Jonathan directly, he said: “We are in your city.”

Shekau, who spoke in Arabic and Hausa in the video, remains on the run despite a manhunt for him by the Nigerian and American governments that placed a bounty on his head. He was reported dead last year by the Nigerian military but debunked the claim.

Boko Haram, which means “Western education is sin”, has killed thousands of people in brazen attacks on schools, homes, church, mosques and government buildings since it started the five-year uprising.

•Photo shows Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...